March 10, 2020
Dear Parents, Families, and Staff:
The following information is provided to help prevent the transmission and spread of coronavirus. The health and safety of our school community, is of the utmost importance to Noble Public Schools. The recommendations apply to students, teachers, parents, volunteers, and all other school staff members. The virus, like many other illnesses including the flu, is spread between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) via coughing or sneezing. Please watch your temperature, 100.4 degrees or higher, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or coughing. The same healthy habits that prevent other viruses like the flu, also help prevent the spread of coronavirus and decrease the risk of getting sick. For additional information, access the CDC website which is updated daily: https://www.scd.gov/cornavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available.
- Cough into a tissue or your elbow (not your hand), then throw tissue away and wash your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Keep students at home if they are running a temperature or they report not feeling well or appear weak or ill. Avoid crowded places and limit your activities in public while experiencing any of these conditions.
- Consult your healthcare provider if you or your child has health conditions that may put you at an increased risk. We all have a role to play in keeping students, staff, and families healthy and safe. You can help by staying informed, practicing good hygiene, and staying home or keeping children home if they have been running a fever within the last 24 hours.
- For anyone traveling outside of the country on Spring Break, especially Level 2 or 3 Countries, China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, traveling on a cruise, traveling to New York, California or Washington State, please notify the school nurse, Ashley Bebout, to allow us to prepare a database in case of any outbreak. Upon your return, please monitor your temperature consistently for 14 days. If you are traveling to one of the Level 2 or Level 3 Countries, you will be asked to stay home for 14 days upon returning to the United States. Student attendance will be noted and reviewed on a case by case basis. Employees with available Sick, Personal or Vacation Leave, will be required to use their leave during this time period. We ask that you notify your personal physician immediately should you exhibit any possible signs or symptoms of the virus, or have any concerns that you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, as well as the Cleveland County Health Department at 405-794-1591.
We are committed to keeping you informed and working with you to keep our school and community safe. The guidelines and recommendations will be updated as additional information is provided.
Noble Public Schools